The Current Situation
Business is brisk and you can cope but you know that if the company is to progress you will need to extend capacity and performance. So, you have decided to begin the planning of a business transformation in the New Year.
Planning, organizing and implementation
You know there is a need for a more efficient and effective operation. You have also recognised that this change is going to take a lot of time and money. Consequently, the change must create additional value for your business.
You know that there must be a large hike in capacity and efficiency to generate substantial growth in income well into the future. This is going to be a big project.
You know your business inside out, but you recognize that the planning, organizing and implementation of such an all-encompassing project require skills about transformation projects that you don’t have in-house.
This is when you need to find a company that is a specialist in Logistics Transformation
The Logistics Improvement Group (LiG) has Transformation Project experience
With a combined experience of nearly 9 decades in the logistics industry, the 3 directors of LiG can ensure that the transformation process moves along as planned.
The LiG management of the transformation process will operate within a governance process that has been agreed upon by the CEO and the board of directors.
Initially, the whole process begins with the development of a business case. This requires the collection and analysis of a substantial amount of data.
- This is then presented to the board for approval for the process to begin.
- A clear structure will be drawn up.
- Teams will be established with clear, achievable, and accountable objectives.
- Intermediate milestones will be agreed upon with each team.
- “Go live” has to be a realistic date that includes well-planned training and preparation.
- An agreed decision criterion will be established for Go/No Go.
- Contingency plans will be drawn up as part of the overall approach, with funds allocated in the budget, which can be drawn upon if required.
Such large, complex initiatives require massive changes to significant aspects of the company and require specialist support for the project to be satisfactorily concluded.
LiG are specialists in this area and have examples to demonstrate this:
LiG are available on 020 4587 5487 for an outline conversation and you can also look at https://logisticsimprovementgroup.com/how-we-can-help/business-transformation